Saturday, February 29, 2020

Painted Poppies Birthday

Birthday cards are always in demand - and there are so many possibilities for different ones!

Sale-a-Bration is still going on!  For every $50 or $100 you spend, you can pick a free item!!

Today we are using the beautiful Peaceful Poppies Suite.



I started with a base of Poppy Parade. I adhered a 3 3/4” x 3” piece of floral DSP and a 3 3/4” x 2” piece or striped DSP to a 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” piece of Basic Black. Before adhering this DSP panel to the card base, I wrapped a piece of Whisper White Crinkle Seam Binding around it and tired a bow. I used a Mini Glue Dot to hold the bow flat where I wanted it.

Next, I stamped “Happy Birthday” from the Peaceful Moments stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black on a scrap of Poppy Parade and cut it out using the small frame in the Painted Labels dies. I also used the scalloped design from this set to cut a piece of Basic Black, which I adhered to the bottom of the sentiment piece before trimming off the right-side curves.

After putting the sentiment piece onto the card front, I decided to add some bling and used 3 of the From My Heart Faceted Gems.

The intended recipient of this card loves butterflies, so as a final touch I added the sparkly pink butterfly in the top left corner. I stamped one of the butterflies from Butterfly Gala in Versamark on a scrap of Flirty Flamingo. I heat embossed in Shimmer White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and punched out the butterfly using the Butterfly Duet punch. It needed a body, so I used my Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker to create the body.

Today's Featured Colors


Here is a list of products used for today’s project:
PEACEFUL POPPIES SUITE BUNDLE (ENGLISH)
Peaceful Poppies Suite Bundle
PAINTED LABELS DIES
Painted Labels Dies
PEACEFUL MOMENTS CLING STAMP SET (ENGLISH)
Peaceful Moments Stamps
joyful butterfly stamp set
Butterfly Gala Stamp Set
sweet dual butterfly punch
Butterfly Duet Punch

WHISPER WHITE 1/4 (6.4 MM) CRINKLED SEAM BINDING RIBBON
Whisper White Crinkle Seam Binding
deep red paper
Poppy Parade Cardstock
deep black paper
Basic Black Cardstock
Flirty Flamingo 8-1/2 x 11 Cardstock
Flirty Flamingo Cardstock
FROM MY HEART FACETED GEMS
From My Heart Faceted Gems
SHIMMER WHITE STAMPIN' EMBOSS POWDER
Shimmer White Stampin' Emboss Powder
black marker
Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker














2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card, Joanne. Love that little black detail below the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete