Welcome to InKing Royalty's June Blog Hop! During this year's blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month's projects celebrate the 4th of July - the projects are inspirational, patriotic and filled with reds, whites and blues. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you'll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
My very first thoughts when I hear Fourth of July are "Stars and Stripes" and "Red, White & Blue". That said, you can see why I immediately got my Stitched Stars dies out for today's project!
My layout was inspired by a birthday card done by fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Di Barnes from Australia. I absolutely loved the way she used the Stitched Stars dies and I knew I could use this as a basis for a fun patriotic card! Here's what I came up with:
|My completed card|
Here's how to make it:
Cut and Score with your Paper Trimmer:
- Night of Navy - 8.5" x 5.5" - scored at 4.25"
- In Good Taste DSP - 4.25" x 5.5"
- Whisper White - 5/8" x 2.75"
- Whisper White - 2 7/8" x 5", at the 4" mark on the left side, cut diagonally to the right corner
- Real Red - 3" x 5 1/8", adhere the slanted Whisper White aligned to the right side, then trim so that approximately 1/8" of Real Red is showing on the bottom angled cut.
Die Cut with Stitched Stars Dies:
- 5 of the 2nd-to-largest stitched stars - one each of Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White, Misty Moonlight, Cherry Cobbler
- 2 of the fourish-star embellishments from a Silver Foil Sheet (save the small silver stars that come out of this)
- 1 of the 3rd-to-largest stitched stars in Night of Navy
Stamp with the Celebrate Sunflowers set:
- "Let's Celebrate You" in Real Red on your Whisper White strip, but mask over "you" so the end result is "Let's celebrate"
Assemble the "Star Pile":
- Place the Night of Navy stitched star on your work surface
- Apply a small amount of Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the back of the Real Red stitched star, only in the center. Place this on top of the Night of Navy stitched star, offset toward the right slightly (approximately 1/8" though you do not have to be exact)
- Apply a small amount of Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the back of the Whisper White stitched star, only in the center. Place this on top of the Real Red stitched star that you adhered to the Night of Navy stitched star, offset toward the right slightly
- Continue until all 5 of the large stitched stars have been added, each offset a little more to the right than the last. I went in this order: Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White, Misty Moonlight, Cherry Cobbler
- Adhere your smaller Night of Navy stitched star to the center of the Cherry Cobbler stitched star
- VIOLA - you have a fun, spiraling "star pile"!!
Assemble Your Card:
- Fold your scored Night of Navy card base at the 4.25" score line and burnish with your bone folder
- Adhere the panel of In Good Taste DSP to your card base
- Adhere your Real Red/Whisper White panel that is cut at an angle, align this to the right side of the card
- Adhere the two flourish-star embellishments to the angled piece of Whisper White. Glue a full one along the left side of the piece of Whisper White. Cut down the other flourish-star so that it will fit along the angled side of the Whisper White. It's okay if there is some overlap, you'll cover it with your beautiful "star pile"
- Adhere the "star pile" over the intersection of the two flourish-stars. I aligned mine with the edge of the Whisper White angled layer, which resulted in the Cherry Cobbler/Night of Navy on the top of the "star pile" being almost perfectly straight
- Using your Paper Snips, cut a banner-tip on the right side of your "Let's celebrate" sentiment
- Add a Mini Stampin Dimensional to the sentiment banner behind the end of the word "celebrate", apply some Multipurpose Liquid Glue behind "let's" - adhere on top of the star pile as shown
- Apply Mini Stampin Dimensionals to a few of the stars that came out of the flourish die, adhere them to the card front as you see fit
|Close up of the "star pile"|
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Joanne Brown at Stamping with JoJo
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery's Owlery
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
When you join Stampin’ Up! this month, here’s what you get:
- You can CHOOSE $125 of product with FREE SHIPPING and pay only $99 (plus taxes)
- You can ALSO choose a FREE STAMP BUNDLE of your choice
- You will earn a 20% DISCOUNT on all purchases immediately after joining (and for as long as you are an active demonstrator) with opportunities to earn a larger discount, too!!
- You have NO OBLIGATION to ever sell or share with anyone and no obligation to buy another thing if you don’t want to
- There couldn't be a better time to make your dreams of having your own Stampin’ Up! business come true