Welcome to InKing Royalty's July Blog Hop! During this year's blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month's projects celebrate Christmas in July. Demonstrators have been able to order new products from the upcoming August-December Mini Catalog, so prepare yourself for a gorgeous mix of new products, products available in the Annual Catalog and returning favorites. What fun! We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you'll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Some of my favorite products from last Christmas have come back this year! I just love the metallic shine in the Brightly Gleaming DSP and I chose it to be the focus of today's project:
Here's how to make it:
Cut and Score with your Paper Trimmer:
- Thick Very Vanilla - 8.5" x 5.5" - scored at 4.25"
- Brightly Gleaming DSP (Pretty Peacock with copper foil) - 4" x 5.25"
- Brightly Gleaming DSP (Stripes) - 4" x 1.75"
Stamp with the Christmas Gleaming set on Very Vanilla:
- In Night of Navy - the large ornament with a diamond pattern on it
- In Pretty Peacock - the small ornament
- In Memento Tuxedo Black - two of the Holly clusters
Stamp with Christmas Gleaming Set on Copper Foil scrap:
- "Merry Christmas" using Black StazOn - you will want to use StazOn so that the ink dries quickly and doesn't smear
Color with Stampin' Blends:
- Holly Clusters: Light & Dark Old Olive, Light & Dark Real Red
- Large Ornament: Light Pretty Peacock for the diamond shapes
- Both Ornaments: Light Smoky Slate for the "hangers"
- Using the Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack, punch out both stamped ornaments
- Using the Sprig punch, punch out two sprigs from Copper Foil paper
- Both Holly clusters
- Around the "Merry Christmas" to create a copper frame around the stamped sentiment
Assemble the Card:
- Fold your scored Thick Very Vanilla card base at the 4.25" score line and burnish with your bone folder
- Adhere the 4" x 5.25" of Brightly Gleaming to the card front
- Adhere the layer of striped DSP
- Arrange your Holly clusters and ornaments where you want them, lift up a tiny edge of the Holly Cluster and apply a small amount of Multipurpose Liquid Glue (on both clusters)
- Remove your ornaments and place Stampin' Dimensionals on the back of the larger one (you can also put some Multipurpose Liquid Glue under the inner-portion of the Holly clusters where the ornament will be covering if you would like)
- Adhere your large Ornament to the card front using the Stampin' Dimensionals
- Place Stampin Dimensionals on the left side of the smaller Ornament and a small amount of Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the right where it will overlap the already raised large Ornament
- Place Stampin Dimensionals on the right side of the sentiment and a small amount of Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the left where it will overlap the already raised large Ornament
- Put a small amount of Multipurpose Liquid Glue where the two sprigs meet on the Copper Foil Sprigs, slide them under the raised ornaments
Here is a close up of the elements, so you can see the added interest that using Stampin' Dimensionals creates:
I love Christmas and making Christmas Cards to send to my family & friends - usually I don't get them all done in time to arrive before Christmas, but this year I've started preparing in July and I am so excited!!!
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you'll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Lynn Kolcun at Avery's Owlery. There's lots of inspiration to be found in this group - and you don't want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Janneke Dijkstra-de Jong at Happy Stampin
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Joanne Brown at Stamping with JoJo YOU ARE HERE
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery's Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
For every $50 spent in July, you'll receive a $5 coupon to redeem in August!