Welcome to the Candy Hearts Blog Hop for August! Today we are sharing Birthday themed projects. After reading my post, I hope you will hop to the next person on the list below. Be sure to hop around to see ALL the great projects the Candy Hearts have created for you. We have a special guest with us today. The amazing and talented Lisa Ann Bernard of Queen B Creations is joining us, and I'm sure she has something wonderful to share with us.
Stampin' Up! has an amazing assortment of Designer Series Paper (DSP) that is full of beautiful colors, patterns and textures. However, today I opted to use just plain cardstock in two different colors to show you that we can make beautiful things even with simple cardstock.
Here's how to make it:
Cut & Score with your Paper Trimmer:
- Rococo Rose - 8.5" x 5.5" - scored at 4.25"
- Rococo Rose - scrap approximately 3" x 3.5"
- Mint Macaron - 4" x 5.25"
Die Cut with Ornate Borders:
- Your piece of Mint Macaron, approximately 1" from the right side of the paper
- Remove all cut pieces
Emboss with Ornate Floral:
- Your die-cut piece of Mint Macaron
Stamp Using Peaceful Moments:
- "Happy Birthday" in Rococo Rose on the scrap of Rococo Rose
Die Cut with Ornate Layers:
- The Happy Birthday sentiment, placing the words to the right side of the opening rather than centering them
- Trim off the excess blank Rococo Rose on the left, so that your sentiment is approximately centered in what is left (as shown)
Assemble the card:
- Fold your scored Rococo Rose card base at the 4.25” score line and burnish with your bone folder
- Adhere the die cut & embossed layer of Mint Macaron, leaving approximately 1/8" border on top, bottom and left
- Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the Rococo Rose sentiment
- Add Pearl Basic Jewels to the centers of the flowers - I used small for the top 3 and a medium for the bottom
- Add a Pearl Basic Jewel to the Sentiment Panel
That's it, you're done! Can you believe how easy this beautiful card was to make?
Thank you for hopping with the Hearts today! Be sure to hop around to all the stops. You do not want to miss any of the creativity in this talented group of stampers!
- Candy Ford of Stamp Candy
- Lisa Ann Bernard of Queen B Creations
- Linda Krueger of The Stamp Coach
- Joanne Brown of Stamping with JoJo <===You are here