Welcome to InKing Royalty's April Blog Hop! During this year's blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month's projects celebrate Springtime, so I hope you are ready for gorgeous Spring colors, flowers and butterflies - and maybe some sweet baby animals. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you'll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Today I used one of out Hostess Exclusive stamp sets, New Wonders, to create an adorable little fairy who is peeling back the icy Winter to expose Spring! This set is available exclusively to Hostesses with a qualifying party of $150 or more - who wants to host?!? I would be honored to help you become the newest owner of this beautiful stamp set!
Here's what I did:
- Cut a base of Lovely Lipstick to 8.5" x 5.5", scored and folded at 4.25" on the long side. Use your bone folder to burnish the fold
- From the Best Dressed DSP, cut a panel to 4" x 5.25" and a strip to 4" x 2" - adhere the panel to the card front, layer on the strip.
- On a piece of 2.75" x 3.25" Whisper White, stamp the image of the fairy in Memento Tuxedo Black
- Color the image using the following Stampin' Blends Markers: Light & Dark Lovely Lipstick, Light & Dark Old Olive, Light & Dark Pool Party, Dark Daffodil Delight
- Adhere the colored image to a 2 7/8" x 3 3/8" piece of Lovely Lipstick
- Adhere the matted image to the card base
- Finally, using the Shimmery Crystal Effects, add a layer of icy-gloss to the up-turned page and to the little hearts and stars around the fairy's head
Isn't this an adorable interpretation of Nature turning the page from Winter to Spring?
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you'll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments. There's lots of inspiration to be found in this group - and you don't want to miss it!
Products used today: