Welcome to the Candy Hearts Blog Hop for May! Today we are sharing wedding and anniversary themed projects. After reading my post, I hope you will hop to the next person on the list below. Be sure to check out ALL the great projects the Hearts have created for you today.
For today's project, I decided to give you a sneak-peak at a beautiful die set that will be released in our new catalog June 3! The Many Layered Blossoms Dies coordinates with the Blossoms in Bloom stamp set - they will be available for purchase at 10% off in the Blossoms in Bloom Bundle! Today's Wedding Card shows you just one of the numerous ways these pieces can be used to make a beautiful card!
Here's what to do:
- Cut a base of Thick Whisper White to 8.5" x 5.5", scored and folded at 4.25" on the long side. Use your bone folder to burnish the fold
- Cut a panel of Silver Foil to 4" x 5.25"
- Emboss your Silver Foil panel using the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder
- Adhere the embossed panel to the Thick Whisper White card base
- Use the bottom layer of the Many Layered Blossoms die to cut a piece of Shimmery White cardstock
- Use the top layer of the Many Layered Blossoms die to cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock
- Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the top layer to the bottom layer, placing small drops of glue on several areas of the back of the top layer - I concentrated on the centers of the flowers and the thicker leaves. You don't need glue everywhere, and you don't want to use too much glue or you'll have blobs seeping out
- Similarly, use the Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere your two layers to the card base, allow this glue to dry while you work on the sentiment. While difficult to capture in a photo, the Shimmery White base layer of your bouquet will provide a beautiful, subtle sparkle
- On a scrap of whisper white, apply your Embossing Buddy to remove static buildup
- Using Versamark Ink, stamp the sentiment "To the new Mr & Mrs" from the Last a Lifetime stamp set
- Sprinkle Silver Stampin' Emboss powder over your stamped sentiment and tap off the excess
- Apply heat from your Heat Tool to melt the Stampin' Emboss Powder
- Use a label die from the Tasteful Labels die set to cut out your sentiment
- Use a larger label from the Tasteful Labels die set to cut a piece of Balmy Blue
- Adhere the Balmy Blue to the Many Layered Blossoms bouquet
- Using Stampin' Dimensionals, adhere the Whisper White sentiment to Balmy Blue label
Thank you for hopping with the Hearts today! Be sure to hop around to all the stops. You do not want to miss any of the creativity in this talented group of stampers!
- Candy Ford of Stamp Candy
- Joanne Brown of Stamping With JoJo YOU ARE HERE
- Linda Krueger of The Stamp Coach